Akaroa & Banks Peninsula Wild Penguins Eco-Tour from Christchurch
Fantastic full day adventure taking in the undeniably breath-taking scenery of the rugged Banks Peninsula coastline and farmlands. Tour includes stopovers at the quaint Little River Gallery, and award winning Barrys Bay Cheese factory at Duvauchelles. And of course, the wild Penguins at Flea Bay, Akaroa (Banks Peninsula). Discover the penguin colony in their natural habitat at remote Pohatu (the largest Australasian Little Penguin colony on mainland New Zealand). All-inclusive price: special catered lunch, refreshments and expert guided safari-style nature tour of the penguin colony by a local family of conservationists.
Fully inclusive price includes:
- Pick up from major Christchurch central city hotels - or hop on before departure outside Canterbury Museum, Central Christchurch (make your selection when booking - can be later amended)
- Scrumptious special lunch (catering for most dietary needs notified at time of booking)
- Morning and afternoon tea and refreshments
- Nature safari courtesy of the experts at Pohatu penguins
- Binoculars and camouflage gear may also be provided by Pohatu to maximize viewing abilities
- Scenery stops along the way
- Luxury mini-coach travel at its best in a luxury 4WD Mercedes Benz: to and from destination
- Free WIFI and USB connection
- A lively, entertaining and highly knowledgeable tour guide who can relate an amazing array of facts, figures & history of this unique countryside!
- Possibility of live entertainment, e.g. traditional waiata, from your hosts (they need encouragement!)