LORD OF THE RINGS HIGH COUNTRY STATION PIONEERING EXPERIENCE SCENIC DAY TOUR & OPTIONAL CLYDESDALE HORSES WAGON RIDE FROM CHRISTCHURCH
Highlights of this Tour
- Experience a truly unique wagon ride at "Erewhon" - a genuine high country working sheep and cattle station
- See the magnificent southern alps of NZ with scenery stops including "Middle Earth" (Lord of the Rings) along the way
- Luxuriate in a roomy Mercedes-Benz bus with free WIFI, USB charging and extra-large high visibility windows for panoramic viewing
- Fully inclusive pricing: Special lunch (select dietry options when booking), Morning tea, Afternoon tea
- Enjoy livecommentary on board via a lively, entertaining and highly knowledgeable tour guide
- Enjoy the possibility of live entertainment incluing a traditional 'waiata' (Māori song), courtesy of your hosts - but they may need your encouragement!
The remarkable scenery of Lord of the Rings: Canterbury high-country
As you journey from Christchurch, courtesy of Maossie Tour's extremely comfortable 4x6WD luxury bus, you take inthe diverse landscape that is Middle Earth" - otherwise known as Canterbury, New Zealand: braided rivers, green pastures, forests, deer, horses, sheep, hidden tracks, and absolutely remarkable mountain scenery. And Mt Sunday: the site of Middle Earth's Edoras - capital city of the mythical Rohan people!
At your destination - Erwhon Station - the track is full of variety as you are taken on an optional farm tour like no other by a team of Clydesdale horses, in this breath-taking landscape of rivers, tussocks, mountains & glaciers. The ride goes off the beaten track into a magical landscape that can’t be experienced from the road. With loads of great photo opportunities and the chance to experience the high country at the horses’ pace. Your wagon ride will definitely be a memorable trip.
DISCOUNTS AVAILABLE FOR CHILDREN UNDER 13
BIG DISCOUNTS AVAILABLE FOR GROUPS (3+ PERSONS)
What to Expect
After pick-up from your hotel (or the pre-arranged departure point in central Christchurch), set off to a working sheep station in New Zealand's high-country. Along the way to your destination, take in the truly breath-taking scenery of the Southern Alps such as Lake Clearwater, Mt Potts, and Mt Hutt, and even former filming sites from "Lord of the Rings” past Middle Earth’s ‘Edoras’, the mythical capital city of the Rohan people.
As an option, be transported back in time enjoying a nostalgic and comfortable wagon ride. Sit on the sprung wagon with rubber tyres and lounge-type seats as you are pulled by some “gentle giants” - a team of Clydesdale horses. Journey into the spectacular New Zealand back-country highlands where there's something different and amazing behind every turn. No photograph can do justice!
Apart from the optional wagon ride, your tour is fully inclusive with pick up provided from selected Christchurch city hotels, a special lunch, morning and afternoon tea, luxury coach travel - and more!
High Country Wagon Ride
The gentle giants at Erewhon
Clydesdales from Nowhere
Erewhon Station: video clip (external link)