About Maossie Tours
Who is Maossie?
- Maossie is a Christchurch-based family company who know how to look after people really well.
- "Maossie" is a fun-play on "Maori" and Aussie" - which is our proud heritage
We love adventure and FUN!
- Like these few photos show: we share your love of adventure. Whether caving, rafting, tramping, snow skiing, horse riding, or climbing mountains. It's our "happy place"!
- Most of all: your enjoyment is our business - and that, along with safety, is one of the few things we treat REALLY seriously!
Your safe, most wonderful experience is our priority
- We take great pride in giving our customers the BEST possible experience
- We really love meeting people from other cultures and sharing experiences
- We know where the best places are and how to get there safely
Luxury travel - and maybe a few surprises along the way!
- Our luxury Mercedes-Benz 4x4 AWD bus will get to places many larger coaches are unable to
- We are both musicians - don't be surprised if you find yourself singing along to a waiata (song) or two at one of our incredible destinations!
Not just your average tour guides!
Your hosts Nicole and Gary are not just your average guides.
Nicole has been a jazz vocalist & musician most of her life: she is passionate about arts-based community development, social inclusion, sharing stories, and nurturing the artistic talent & identity of the next generation. Currently vocalist for the Ellesmere Big Band (who have a 120-year-old history), Nicole writes, records and performs original gospel music.
On the other hand Gary is a fully qualified and accredited farm / rural adviser and economist with a distinguisdhed academic career: But he is hardly technical and boring - rather, lively and entertaining delivering "informed fun"! Gary loves meeting people from different cultures, and thinks he has the best job anyone could wish for!
Whether gold panning, having lunch in a high country shearing shed, or enjoying a New Zealand waiata and folk songs accompanied on harp and guitar, your experiences with Gary and Nicole hold promise to be extremely memorable and very special!