This is a great option for a Christchurch day trip that combines nature, local wildlife, and delicious food experiences too. Save time planning transfers by having round-trip transport in a luxury vehicle included. You won’t have to worry about bringing snacks with you as light refreshments, drinks, and a delicious lunch are all included. Travel in comfort between dispersed sites including Banks Peninsula, Barrys Bay Cheese Factory, and the Wild Side Conservation Area to spot wild penguins. Duration is approximately 9-10 hours.
- Pick up from Canterbury Museum or your city-located accommodation around 9.00am.
- Enjoy a morning tea break at the quaint Little River Gallery, where there is lots to see!
- Visit the unique historical church at Little Akaloa renowned for its location on a wooded cliff high above the bay, and for its stunning carvings in timber and Mt Somers stone depicting Maori designs.
- Enjoy lunch (included) at, and admission this special and unique museum containing various Māori and colonial artifacts; amazing scenery; Māori and colonial village buildings.
- Briefly visit the Akaroa i-SITE Visitor Information Centre
- Enjoy an expert guided nature safari that includes a 2 hour tour of the penguin colony by a local family of conservationists.
- Visit to the award winning Barrys Bay Cheese factory at Duvauchelle. See cheese being made through the glass walled factory!
- Drop-off at Canterbury Museum or your city-located accommodation.